We are building a community that is changing the face of philanthropy. Our donor members will become donor organizers, moving their peers, friends, and networks to center the priorities of communities of color and to think with a systems frame. We will build upon the strong foundation of a values-aligned, humble, joyous, loving, and learning community, with the knowledge that we are more powerful together than each of us is as an individual.
AS A NETWORK MEMBER, YOU WILL:
We’re not here to level the playing field, we are creating a whole new field.
- Invitation to the annual members retreat—a forum for building relationships, sharing ideas and strategizing for collective action (registration fees are additional)
- Ongoing connection through virtual platforms and in-person events, such as salons, briefings, study groups and informal gatherings
- Curated giving opportunities in areas of high interest to members
- Opportunity to participate in committees and working groups that help guide our impact strategies
- Staff support of your personal engagement and learning journey
- Invitations to peer-to-peer learning forums to share your own expertise and experience
- A monthly newsletter highlighting news, ideas and events
- Access to programs and resources from our 501(c)(4) affiliate, Donors of Color Action, as well as from our partner networks, including Women Donors Network, Way to Win and Solidaire
- Members of the Donors of Color Network:
- Identify as a person of color and are eager and able to collaborate across race and other differences.
- Hold a deep respect for the expertise of communities of color and their leaders.
- Learn and share with openness, kindness and generosity of spirit.
- Have the capacity to give or direct $50,000 in a single year, or hold at least $1 million in available net assets.
- Annual Dues for individual membership in the network:
- Legacy Investor: $150,000
- Changemaker: $50,000
- Power Duo: $8,000 (two people)
- Champion: $5,000 *Note! This is our current introductory COVID rate through June 2021 — join now! Normal standard rate is $10,000
- Next Gen: $3,000 (Under 35)